Monday, October 13, 2008

Personal Mission Statement

Hi Everyone,

Check out my Personal Mission Statement, an assignment I had to complete for my BA 301 class as we cover business and company mission/vision statements.

I found this assignment quite insightful. It certainly gave me the chance to do some careful and thoughtful self-reflection.

What do you think?


CHRISTIAN ANICIETE


My one-sentence mission/vision: To live life compassionately, lovingly, honestly, happily, and fully and become a responsible contributor to the world.


Words that describe me: loving, passionate, compassionate, optimistic, loyal, down-to-earth, hard working, dedicated, friendly, outgoing, charming, happy.

Things that are valuable to me: family, friends, my girlfriend, my values, God, success, my health, and living life to the fullest each day.

Things that I enjoy in life: love, reading, singing, leadership, public speaking, Thai food, coffee, walks on the beach, politics, chocolate, stars, sunset, intellectual curiosity, working out, smiling, writing, music, dreaming, and living.

The various hats I wear as a person: a college student; a passionate student and community leader; a loving son and thoughtful family member; a loyal friend; a caring, devoted boyfriend; a type-1 diabetic; a part-time employee; and overall, a passionate, loving individual who aspires to live life fully each and every day.

I am a dedicated college student. I strongly value knowledge and believe that education is a key to personal and professional success. Someday, I hope that my future career will allow me to stand out in the workforce while personally and financially sustaining myself.

I am a passionate student and community leader. I believe in sticking up for issues and people I believe in and for fighting for what is right. Two of my fundamental beliefs as a leader are: any one person has the power to make a positive difference, no matter how big or small, in the world and that individuals given the right amount of support and education have endless potential.

I am a loving and thoughtful family member. My family is the very reason I am who I am. They have given me a lot in life and I hope I would be able to give back to them someday.

I am a loyal friend. I place a high value on true friendship and will almost always bend over backwards for my friends.

I am a caring, devoted boyfriend. I have been with my beautiful girlfriend named Shannon for over 3 years. She is an amazing person and she has shown me what love is and how great of a feeling it is. I love her with all of my heart.

I am a part-time employee. I am committed to my employers as well as committed to gaining professional skills that will help prepare me for the future.

I am a type-1 diabetic. Having been diagnosed just over 3 years ago, I place a high value on health and though it will never always be easy, I am determined to continue to live and enjoy life normally while I wait for a cure.

I am a visionary dreamer. I believe nothing is impossible. Through hard work, dedication, and passion, I believe anything is possible.

I have a well-rounded personality. I enjoy being around people and I am always warm and loving to those around me.

I must continue to learn and grow through my entire life. I know that I am not a perfect person but by reviewing my actions each and every day, I hope to learn from my experiences and become a better person. I continually strive to better myself with the various hats I wear as a person.

In everything I do, I am deeply committed to giving my interest, my enthusiasm, my devotion, my love, and most of all, myself.


This is who I am.


No comments: